Sunday, July 31, 2011

KOA Missoula, Montana


Woke up this morning to pouring rain, although that is not unusual this summer. At least the rain waited until after the wedding though.

Didn't cross the border at the usual spot this time though. I crossed in Osoyoos and enjoyed the benefit of several miles of desert. The rain clouds very quickly gave way to clear blue sky, which made the drive all the more enjoyable.

Just can't get any love from the border guards though. He didn't believe that I was driving to the other side of the continent and back in only fifteen days, and by myself no less. To be fair, I guess not many guys would go on so long a trip by themselves. But this isn't my first rodeo. In fact this is my third time driving through western Montana in the last four years.

But  yeah, I had to wait in the customs office for 45 while they searched my car. A minor inconvenience really. I can only imagine the conclusion they reached after the search: "If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was going camping or something."


Osoyoos Lake from just south of the border

Some shots of the Grand Coulee Dam in East Central Washington
                                                                       Lake Roosevelt
Met a couple from Tsawassen who were more than happy to take pictures for me

Met a woman from Utah who was on her way to visit relatives in Washington State. She is the first of what will be many who will comment on how far from home I am. Ironically, when I met her I was only a couple hours from the border. Oh well.

No, this is not Saskatchewan. It's Eastern Washington





Filled up in Spokane for the first time - for $39(!). That's right. Not $55.

Didn't take any pictures the last time I was in Spokane, so I couldn't resist this time around.
Spokane has lots of really old looking churches.

Behind the church. That is absolutely awesome
Dining With Dignity: Shalom Ministries

My campsite

Highest Temperature: St Regis, Montana (32C/90F)

Total Distance so far: 926.9km/574.7miles

Next Stop: South Dakota

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home