Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Somewhere Down the Crazy River

Interesting day today. Drove south along the Missouri river for a few hours, but had to take a few detours on account of flooding. Large stretches of the I-29 were flooded so I got to drive down a smaller highway through the cornfields of Iowa and Missouri. It was nice, but it took quite a bit longer than it would have otherwise.

Stopped at a Dennys in Kansas City just across the street from Kaufmann Stadium, where the Royals and Chiefs play.

I'm in St. Louis now. I didn't feel like setting up my tent again today so I switched my registration to a cabin which is air conditioned. It is very hot and humid here, so I think I made the right decision. It doesn't cool off at night here.

My campsite is just a couple of miles from the Mississippi River

Tomorrow I'll drive into town and do the Arch before making my way into the deep south.

Running Total of States: 8 (Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois)

Lifetime Total of States: 16

Today's Distance Covered: 567.7 miles / 915.6 km

Total Distance Covered: 2358.1 miles / 3803.4 km

Highest Temperature: Kansas City, Missouri: 36C / 97F

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home